Viridian Conference: Sustainable Environment and Technological Progress
Presentations, debates, proposals Wednesday, March 17, 2021 from 5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. CET. You can register here This conference aims to : Developing h+ thinking on environmental issues Deepening the Viridian Declaration. After the exchange sessions, participants will be invited to co-write a set of texts. A technoprogressive future can only be imagined in... [lire la suite]
Presentations, debates, proposals
Wednesday, March 17, 2021 from 5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. CET.
You can register here
This conference aims to :
- Developing h+ thinking on environmental issues
- Deepening the Viridian Declaration.
- After the exchange sessions, participants will be invited to co-write a set of texts.
A technoprogressive future can only be imagined in the coming decades in an environment that is indefinitely sustainable. The change needed to make it « upwards » requires technological progress and profound societal changes. To do this, becoming more human by improving ourselves is an asset.
A « viridian » option, i.e. ecological, technological and non-destructive to humanity, implies radical transitions.
With this symposium, the organizers wish to question and develop the transhumanists’ reflection on environmental issues, and to deepen the Viridian Declaration. They also wish to reflect on how the arguments below can be debated in society.
Here are the questions that will be addressed by the speakers, but also by all participants who wish to do so during three workshops at the end of the conference.
One of the objectives of this meeting-debate is to envisage a general movement of research and innovation in specific areas:
- Renewable energies, nuclear energy, global warming…
- Pollution, health and longevity-related issues, biodiversity
- Social, economic and human right aspects
- Preparedness and resilience of public institutions in cases of crises